Philip Brewer's Writing Progress


Sunday, 23 February 2003

Well, I did the rough cut of my movie.

I still need: one exterior shot (of Doctor Esperanto's headquarters--some interesting-looking building, but I haven't picked one yet) and three short scenes for the opening credits sequence.

The audio has problems in several places. There's no good fix, short of re-recording, which I really don't want to do. I've covered it up as best I could, turning down the audio in the places where there was no dialog (road nose was a problem, and it's better now). I also started putting music in. Apple made some music (from Freeplay Music) available for use with iMovie, so I've been using that. They have the same basic piece of music produced at different lengths, which made it possible to use one piece of music in the opening sequence (where the heroine is being followed) at 30 seconds, and then use a 10 second version of the same piece at the climax, where the woman is briefly followed again.

Here's the bit I used for the closing credits.

I'm pretty pleased with the way it's come out.


Philip Brewer's Writing Progress homepage