I sold one story in 2010 (“Like a Hawk in its Gyre” to Redstone), which I’m expecting to appear in early 2011. I’ll post here when it comes out.
The other big fiction-related news is that I got together with some local friends to start the Incognito Writers Group. We’ve been meeting monthly since July, and having a great time.
I sold a group of articles to Amex Currency, a new personal finance website:
- How Much Money Will You Need to Retire?
- Early Retirement: Should You Really Try?
- Will You Get Your Social Security?
- How Freelancers Can Budget for Health Insurance
- Getting Your Own Affordable Health Coverage
- Being Uninsured: Worth the Risk?
- Should You Put Your Money in an Alternative Financial Institution?
- Public Programs for People Without Banks
- Comparing Banks, Credit Unions, and Alternative-Finance Institutions
I resold my article Bankruptcy is a Good Thing to Gale Publishing, to use in their book Bankruptcy (Introducing Issues With Opposing Viewpoints).
I wrote two guest posts at other blogs:
- Why Now is the Time to Think Long-Term appeared at Get Rich Slowly.
- Find Your Self-Sufficient Sweet Spot appeared at Self-Reliance Exchange. (As that site no longer seems to exist, I’ve republished the article here.)
I wrote 42 articles for Wise Bread. I’ve bolded a few where I thought I managed to say just what I was trying to say:
- Contributing to a Roth Versus Paying Down Debt
- How Debt Fools People
- Frugality, Simplicity, and Sustainability
- Book Review: The Trap
- Ruthless Frugality
- Is Just Leaving Some Slack Better Than a Plan?
- Contingency Plans
- Can a Little Inflation Be Good?
- USDA Data Visualization Tool
- Turn Off Your Air Conditioning
- Live Where the Water Tastes Good
- Buy Your Groceries European-Style
- Clever Tax Move for the Un- and Under-Employed
- Health Care Reform: Good for People Like Me
- If Budgeting Isn’t Fun, You’re Doing It Wrong
- Live Abroad for Less (Also at Home)
- Book Review: Your Money—The Missing Manual
- New $100 Bill Unveiled
- The Second-Best Way to Make your Household More Secure
- Book Review: Confronting Collapse
- Motivating Yourself and Others
- Home Delivery: Local and Long Distance
- Anyone Can Spend Less for Food
- When Interest Rates Head Up
- Freedom from the Day Job
- Long Hours and Other Employer Demands
- Getting Your Credit Limit Raised
- Replacing a Crappy Job
- All About Deflation
- Video on How to Spot Counterfeits
- Be In Charge of Your Finances
- When Deals Matter
- The End of the 4% Rule?
- Just Saving More Is Not the Answer
- A Mortgage Crisis Solution
- Sinking Dollar: This Time on Purpose
- Change Your Life with Storytelling
- Choosing Local Businesses
- Book Review: Early Retirement Extreme
- Why I Still Write Paper Checks
- That Sneaky Bank Almost Got Me
- Book Review: Off the Grid