You know what integer posts are—the ones where the title starts with an integer. I scorn them when I’m reading, so I tend not to write them. I’ve ended up writing a few, though. Seriously—sometimes they just pop out.
I knew I’d written three, but looking back over my list of Wise Bread posts, I see that I’ve actually written six, a fact that I’m somewhat ashamed of:
- 6 Ways to Avoid Running Out of Money in Retirement
- 4 Ways to Beat Debit Card Fees
- 5 Ways to Live Better Without Spending More
- 6 Options if You’re Underwater on Your Mortgage
- Three bad ways to fund mortgage lending (and maybe a good way)
- Three paths to being a digital nomad
These last two are sliders. For one thing, the integer is spelled out, not written as a digit. For another, the posts are organized as a logical sequence, rather than as a lame list. I don’t know if they count or not, but the title begins with an integer, so I’m including them.
This next list, though, don’t count. They’re posts that quite legitimately include a number in the title because it’s part of what the post is about:
- Book Review: The 4-Hour Workweek
- Your 401(k) is not an investment
- New $5 bill unveiled
- The two-mile challenge
- When NOT to put money in your 401(k)
- Live like royalty on $20,000 a year
- New $5 bill starts circulating today
- What’s an employee to do? Part 1
- What’s an employee to do? Part 2
- Funding your 401(k) when you’re in debt
- Getting by without a job, part 1–losing a job
- Getting by without a job, part 2–boost income
- Getting by without a job, part 3–cut spending
- Getting by without a job, part 4–get free stuff
- Optimize Your IRA and 401(k)
- New $100 Bill Unveiled
- The Second-Best Way to Make your Household More Secure
- The End of the 4% Rule?
- Occupy Wall Street, the 99%, and All That
Those I’m not ashamed of at all. I mean, 401(k) isn’t even an integer!
Oh, and I almost missed this shameful integer post, because I’d hidden the integer in the middle:
And what about this one?
Shameful? Or shameless?
Sadly, integer posts do seem to work, if by “work” you mean “get more reads.” Perhaps the title of this post should have been “7 Shameful Integer Posts”! Hmm?